High School & Beyond Plan: Tenth Grade Checklist
Students, you are now settled into high school, keep looking to your future. The High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) is a Washington State graduation requirement that can help you get the most out of high school, so you graduate confident and ready for your next step.
As you progress through high school additional items are added to the checklist to help you stay on track and achieve your goals. Students, this is your plan, but the staff at your school are ready to support and guide you along the way. For questions or guidance reach out to your school advisor or counselor.
- Review your transcript and update your Academic Planner in preparation for 11th grade course registration.
- If taking a CTE course complete verification in SERS at the conclusion of each semester to receive dual credit.
- Attend college and career fairs with parents/guardians.
- If you have the College Bound Scholarship, review requirements and repledge your commitment so that you can access your scholarship.
- Explore your interests and leadership opportunities by participating in sports, school clubs, music, or drama groups, or community-based organizations, or volunteer activities.
- Review course options available at your school, including dual credit (earning high school and college credits), career and technical education (CTE) offerings, advanced placement, international baccalaureate, running start, college in the high school courses, and extra-curricular opportunities.
- Prepare for junior year course registration by meeting with your counselor, verify your transcript is accurate, ensure you are on track for graduation and consider which courses align with your post-secondary plans.
- Enroll in Career & Technical Education classes that fit your interests.
- Identify an internship/job shadow of interest, participate in summer camps, summer college and/or CTE credentialed programs, or volunteer activities.
Where can I find my HSBP?
The High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP) is located in Schoology. Students you will create an HSBP Portfolio to store the required documents and share your advisor or counselor.
- Sign into your Schoology account.
- Select your Profile (upper right, click on your name)
- Select Portfolios (upper left, under your profile image)
- Add New Portfolio (upper middle, +New Portfolio)
- Title your Portfolio First and Last Name HSBP, which saves automatically (example: John Smith HSBP)
After each assignment, upload completed documents into your HSBP Portfolio. Make sure to share your high school and beyond portfolio with your advisor or counselor.
Tacoma Online Students: You will use Edgenuity for your HSBP. Please contact your teacher for more information.