What is the IB Career-related Program?
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Career-related Program is an academically challenging and career-related two-year program available to 11th/12th grade students. The program leads to further/higher education, apprenticeships or employment.
The CP was specifically developed for students who wish to engage in career-related learning while gaining transferable and lifelong skills in applied knowledge, critical thinking, communication, and cross-cultural engagement.
Students at Foss may be able to earn the CP Certificate through pathways in Broadcast media, ProStart cooking & restaurant management, Wood technology, Sports medicine & health science, AFJROTC Leadership, or Photography and design (subject to change).
Benefits of the IB Career-related Program
The CP enables students to:
- follow their chosen education and career pathways in life
- combine academic subjects with their personal and professional interests and skills
- engage in learning that makes a positive difference to their community
- think critically and creatively
- communicate clearly and effectively in a variety of situations
- work independently and in collaboration with others
- consider new perspectives and other points of view
- develop greater self-confidence and self-awareness
- demonstrate high levels of resilience and flexibility
- be internationally-minded and globally aware
- apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios and situations.