Greetings Foss Students and Parents,
Hope you are all continuing to stay healthy and safe.
The Season 3 Sports Season (May 3rd- June 12th) has started for the following sports: Boys/Girls Basketball, Girls Bowling, Cheer, Girls Flag Football, Boys Swim, Boys Tennis, Girls Water Polo and Boys/Girls Wrestling. All students must be cleared for sports participation of any kind, no exceptions! Also, students must have COVID-19 survey completed each day preferably before arriving to campus through the Family App https://family.tpsapps.org/
Masks will be required to be worn at all times for any athletic participation. Strict COVID protocols will be followed at all times.
Any access or use of Locker Rooms is limited at this time. Students must arrive prepared to participate and immediately leave campus at the conclusion of activities.
Beginning Monday May 3rd, all Season 3 sports will be up and going for in person practices as follows with schedule subject to change.
- Boys Basketball- Monday-Friday 3:00pm-5:00pm (Check-in starts at 2:30pm)
- Girls Basketball- Monday-Friday 4:00pm-6:00pm (Check-in starts at 3:45pm)
- Girls Bowling- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and possibly Friday 2:45pm-4:30pm (Check-in at 2:30pm) to get on bus to Narrows Plaza Bowl. Team number is limited to 12 based on capacity guidelines.
- Cheer- Monday & Wednesday 4:30pm-5:45pm (Check-in starts at 4:15pm/Remaining schedule to be determined.
- Girls Flag Football- Monday-Friday 3:30pm-5:00pm (Check-in starts at 3:30pm)
- Boys Swim- Monday-Friday 4:30pm-6:00pm (Check-in starts at 4:15pm)
- Boys Tennis- Monday-Friday 3:00pm-5:00pm (Check-in starts at 2:30pm)
- Girls Water Polo- TBD *Please email Athletic Director to get information. Practice held at Mt. Tahoma HS pool as team is combined.
- Girls/Boys Wrestling- Monday-Friday 3:00pm-5:00pm (Check-in starts at 2:45pm)
*There will also be a COVID self-administered testing requirement for any student that chooses to participate in Wrestling and Water Polo. The details of the testing required, etc. will be shared and communicated along with consent by parent concerning testing requirements.
As a reminder, the following must be completed for any sports participation:
-Sports registration forms for the 2020-2021 school year must be completed by parents and students through the Final Forms system. https://tacoma-wa.finalforms.com/
-Must have a completed sports physical (completed within the past 13 months) on file with the Athletic office. Physicals can be emailed to Athletic Director, email@example.com, faxed from a doctor’s office to (253) 571-7301 or dropped off to the school for the AD.
-Academic eligibility will be determined as follows: TPS will follow WIAA guideline for this year based on passing 5 out of 6 classes. Those who participated in a Season 1 or 2 sport and were meeting guidelines will be academically eligible, those who participated in a Season 1 or 2 sport and were not meeting guidelines will have a grade check to determine eligibility, those who did not participate in a Season 1 or 2 sport will be subject to Midterm Grades Check. Those not meeting standards will be on a 3-week probation only eligible for practice then subject to a grade check at 3-week date. If not meeting standards after 3 weeks, student will be ineligible for the rest of the season.
*Students must arrive and come to the check-in area of campus on the Cheney Stadium (main parking lot) side of the building and walk up the cement stairwell on the grass hillside to the far right of the building, through the open single gate and then check-in at the check in table by the white outdoor tent.
Students in need of Pierce Transit Orca cards for the 2020-2021 school year should contact Dee Rogers, Office Secretary at (253) 571-7316 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, concerns, technical issues, etc., please contact Reynelda Solitaire, Athletic Director (253) 571.7425 email@example.com