The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced program of education with final examinations to prepare students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond.
Foss's Career-related Program (CP) will allow students to pursue college-level IB DP courses in two or more subjects while also developing job skills on a career pathway in areas such as sports medicine, broadcasting, photography, wood-technology, or ProStart restaurant management. The CP program balances college-prep coursework with opportunities for students to earn industry-recognized credentials for options to enter the workforce after graduation.
The IB Middle Years Program (MYP) prepares Foss's students for college level study and/or career-related pathways beginning in 9th grade.
IB programs have been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The program has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities. The Diploma Program prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from six subject groups
- develop the skills and a positive attitude towards learning that will prepare them for higher education
- study at least two languages and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
- make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge through the program’s unique theory of knowledge course
- undertake in-depth research into an area of interest through the lens of one or more academic disciplines in the extended essay
- enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service.
Henry Foss High School develops every student to be inquiring, knowledgeable, and reflective through intercultural understanding and respect.
Henry Foss High School will graduate every student with an International Baccalaureate (IB) education that prepares them for college, career, and life.